Lets Be Partners!
The Ripon Area Fire District visits area elementary schools, public and faith-based pre-schools, and senior centers every year to educate children, teachers, parents, senior citizens and caregivers on fire safety and prevention. Topics include:
- Ensuring smoke alarms are working and how to respond once an alarm is heard
- Creating and practicing fire escape plans (always have two ways out)
- Eliminating distractions when cooking
- Using candles and other flammables safely
- Home heating, gas and other smells
- Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and prevention
- Medical oxygen safety and smoking safety
- How to treat minor burns and other first aid basics
Forming partnerships with educators and directors of senior centers allow fire safety and burn prevention to be easily integrated into any subject area, thereby teaching children and seniors to be FIRE SAFE!
Invite us to speak to your group or organization on how to stay Fire Safe! Phone the Fire Station at: 920/745-2262.