We rather prevent fires than extinguish them!
Most fires are caused by unsafe acts, equipment failure, arson, or acts of nature.
Top 10 Tips for Fire Safety
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas. And test your smoke alarms every month by pushing the test button! Roughly 50% of home fires occur during the night while people are sleeping.
- Keep fire extinguishers where you’re most likely to need them – the kitchen, laundry room and garage.
- Never leave food cooking unattended.
- Avoid using portable and fixed space heaters, as heating equipment is the second leading cause of home fire deaths.
- Always have two ways out of the home or building.
- Practice your home escape drill twice a year.
- Smokers smoke outside and use deep, sturdy ashtrays.
- Inspect and clean the chimney every 12 months.
- Use sturdy fireplace screens to catch sparks.
- If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP!
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."