5.20.020 - Open burning. https://library.municode.com/w...
A. Open burning is the process of burning any materials where the products of combustion pass directly into the air without going through a chimney or stack.
1. Except as provided in subsections B. or C., open burning is prohibited in the City of Ripon.
2. Fires that are allowed under subsection C. are to be attended at all times by a responsible adult age eighteen or older with immediate access to a garden hose attached to a functioning water supply, and/or a fire extinguisher within the immediate vicinity.
3. The city administrator shall have the authority to prohibit any or all fires when atmospheric conditions or local circumstances make such fires extraordinarily hazardous. No burning will be allowed if wind conditions will cause smoke, embers, or other burning materials to be carried towards any building or other combustible material.
4. Smoke from any fire shall not create a nuisance for neighboring property owners. The fire shall be extinguished immediately upon the complaint of the neighboring property owner of any smoke nuisance.
B. Outdoor burning allowed.
1. Gas and charcoal grills manufactured for the purpose of cooking food are approved cooking devices. A "grill" is defined as a cooking utensil on which food is exposed to red heat (as from charcoal or gas) between bars. The operation of outdoor grills, fireplaces, and related cooking equipment for food is allowed.
2. Only the burning of dry non-treated wood is acceptable. No lawn clippings, construction materials, garbage, or other yard waste is permitted.
3. Burn barrels, with required grated covers, will be allowed per this section on Monday evenings, between four p.m. to eight p.m. and will be used in strict conformity to all provisions of this chapter.
For subsection C. excerpt, Recreational Fires, go here: Recreational Fires