*** ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR CADET FIREFIGHTER ***
MINIMUM AGE OF 15, PASS BACKGROUND CHECK, DRUG FREE, BE IN A HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION PROGRAM, AND PROVIDE OWN TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM THE STATION.
The Cadet Firefighter is an exciting and rewarding way to learn skills used in firefighting. Cadets are expected to attend training nights and respond on fire trucks to emergency calls and provide support under the supervision of senior firefighters. Cadets are protected by strict laws from performing hazardous duties and will never enter a burning building. On-the-job training prepares Cadets to become state certified at age 18. All training, uniforms, and personal protective equipment are provided at no cost. DON’T WAIT! APPLY NOW! Classes begin soon. Contact Fire Chief Saul at 920-745-2262 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
The Ripon Area Fire District (R.A.F.D.) in Ripon, Wisconsin, is accepting applications for the position of Part-Time Firefighter (paid-on-premise). This Firefighter will typically work ten hour shifts, 7:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday, as needed. Days are flexible and hours are subject to change. Starting pay is $13 per hour (+) additional pay for certain certificates or certifications.
** CLICK HERE FOR JOB APPLICATION **
This position is part time and reports directly to the Fire Chief or shift supervisor in the Chief’s absence. It has the primary responsibility of responding to emergency incidents. Additional duties are assigned by the Fire Chief and includes vehicle, station, and building maintenance; Fire & E.M.S. training, inspections, daily/weekly emergency vehicle equipment checks and other non-emergency duties within the station and the community for outreach purposes such as education, special events, and to promote good will.
It is the goal of the R.A.F.D. to have a well-rounded/skillful staff capable of handling any type of emergency situation. The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license
- WI entry level Firefighter qualified/certificate (Certified Firefighter I preferred)
- No DWI or OWI convictions within the previous 3 years
- No facial hair in accordance with district policy
Other preferred qualifications:
- 2 years of firefighting experience
- WI Certified Driver/Operator
- WI Certified Fire Officer
- First responder or E.M.T.
How to apply:
- Complete the application linked above, save it to your computer, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or print the application, fill it out completely and legibly, and mail it to the Ripon Area Fire District, 515 Aspen St, Ripon, WI 54971.
- Or call 920-745-2262 to schedule an appointment to pick up or drop off the application in person.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the Fire Chief at email@example.com or call 920/745-2262.