Become a Volunteer Paid On-Call Firefighter!
Join Our Team Today!
- Starting pay: $10.70 per hour plus stipends and periodic raises
- Usually flexible around family and full time job requirements
- All training, uniforms and personal protective equipment provided
- Join one of the specialized teams: Dive Team, Fire Investigations, the Rapid Intervention Team, the Drone Team, Youthful Fire Setter, and/or the Honor Guard (Special Teams)
- Participate in community outreach (education and special events)
- Become part of the RAFD Family, make some awesome new friends, find mutual support, and participate in social activities throughout the year with the spouses, significant others, and kids too!
- Live in the Ripon Area Fire District or within 7 miles from fire station
- High school graduate or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- No criminal record
- Pass a medical examination, drug test, and stay drug free
Cadets: Cadets are junior (unpaid) members of the volunteer fire department and they
- Must be in a high school education program with a letter of recommendation from an educator and remain in good standing throughout the Cadet program
- Must be 15-18 years of age and provide own transportation to the fire station
- Participate in training activities (twice a month - usually on Monday nights)
- Respond on fire trucks to emergency calls and perform assigned duties under the supervision of a senior firefighter. (Signed waiver required)
- Understand that fire department activities are restricted until becoming a paid firefighter at age 18
- Understand that being a firefighter can be a dangerous job. Strict laws exist to protect Cadets from the most hazardous dangers. For example, a Cadet will never enter a burning building
Check it out!
Contact the RAFD for an application today! Call 920/745-2262